Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Friday, April 30, 2010

Page 26--Galaxies--Davide Trame

I have just finished this long, long story,
logs running down the river, a huge tight rolling,
and the snow blizzard, the fury of blinding flakes,
Ketchum, Daniel, Dominic, names, on the road I read of,
and after reading the last word it certainly all lasts
like the last note of a concert, the meaningful
silence suspended in the conductor’s baton, in his
tense fingers holding the sky’s roar.
I am wondering how many life stories I plunged into
in this life, I like a pupil in them, in a sea
of many eyes.
Characters, plots, galaxies within galaxies.
It’s what makes me think about the illusion
that we are living just one life.


I have another story ready by my side, waiting
with its fresh stings of salt at the water’s edge,
on one of the many beaches I have left
that are still present with this
sea roar facing the growling sky,
dragging you in before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment