Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Monday, February 14, 2011

Life and Art, Somewhat, J.J Steinfeld

I was reading an excerpt
from your life
when it intersected mine
too wordy, not wondrous
enough for appearance on
or disappearance from
a well-worn stage.

I recalled us looking at photographs
of old forgotten criminals
you attempting to imagine them
young, swaggering and swashbuckling
I forgave you and blamed it
on a lifetime of movies
of dissatisfaction with the everyday
your lies were hardly spectacular
your crimes barely remarkable.

As for me
tonight I intend
to do a little rewriting
of my life
and watch
a film I’ve seen
several times before.

No comments:

Post a Comment