Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Thursday, December 1, 2011

An Introduction to the Introduction, Jessy Randall

Soon I will be greeting you, and welcoming you, and describing you. I'll promise to be brief, but I won't be. I'll talk about what brought me here today, and who I am, and what may have brought you here, and I'll tell you things you already know. And that's just the beginning. Next I'll introduce someone else, who will repeat the things I will have said, and smile, and thank everyone, and then that person will introduce the person you're really here to see, though by the time that person gets up and greets you, you'll be quite tired, and just thinking of going home, how good going home will feel, when you open the door and take off your shoes. We’ll get started in just a few moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment