Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Full Frontal Optimism, Malea Grubb

Flaky croissants with more than 11 grams of fat
In a wicker basket. They get damp from the
Chilled bottle of Riesling that I brought to
Impress.

I like to watch the ducks. I like it when they quack.

The pimple on the side of your nose, it’s too cute
To hide beneath that mineral powder, hiding your
Irish freckles. You ask for a napkin, but they’re
Damp.

I like to watch the ducks. I like it when they quack.

The polyphonic ring of your phone, of course. Don’t
Answer it, please, I’ll make a wittier joke, or maybe
You wished I’d bought a rose from that peddler for
You.

I like to watch the ducks. I like it when they quack.

They migrate after summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment