Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wild Ravine, L. Ward Abel

A Van Gogh,
described as such
from being

an article to some,
hung near a corner
of the large

high ceilinged space.
I was the only
one

in front of it.
The room was sparse.
My breathing

just short of a pant,
my eyes
watered.

The scene was
a wild ravine,
whitewater

frenzied.  I swear
I heard
him talking.

His misery
right there
encased

in medium.
He
screamed.

He shifted
turned moved
convulsed

his expression
from my
exact vantage

was panic.
The twisted
strokes

clinched teeth
crying
“goddamn!”

with greengray
white caked ghost
blue

squirming swirled
over and over
and

over
and
over.

(Boston, MA, July 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment