Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Monday, October 1, 2012

Prepping for the Season



That time of year is upon us when the air is crisp and chilly. It sounds like it would make a potentially delicious food dish, but as weather I find it quite distasteful. Of course, if you’re in the southern hemisphere you’re just finishing up with that kind of weather. It’s a pity that the toucan isn’t a passenger bird; I’d never have to endure another Chicago winter. Though the weather leaves something to be desired, I do love everything building up to Halloween. Halloween and the use of cinnamon in everything. But none of these things have to do with why we’re here. It’s a brand spanking new issue filled with all kinds of goodies!
            I’ve gotten my sea legs for overseeing everything, and man do I have an issue for you! As the baseball season wraps up, “Perfect Corners” reminds us it isn’t all about the game. If you’re like me or the main character in “Realizations” you would be thrilled to escape to Greece for the season.  Or just imagine you were there a long time ago as you read “Song of Ulysses” and “Song of Sirens”. Those gearing up for Halloween will appreciate the horror of “A Leisurely Walk Through Hell.” Gave me shivers and I loved it. Of course, I love all of these enough to share them! I wouldn’t want you to waste your time, especially if you were contemplating “The End #486,283,764,016” or even just your “Dishes.”
            So grab your favorite beverage and enjoy issue 18! A lot of cuppas went into putting it together so I hope you find it up to snuff. Many thanks to Denny Marshall for the cover art and everyone who submitted their writing. In order to keep this bird in the air I need submissions. Please submit to thetoucanmag@gmail.com if you want there to be an issue 19. Thanks and enjoy issue 18!


Sincerely,
Editrice Laura
           

No comments:

Post a Comment