Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Friday, November 2, 2012

Poem of the Week: Wagon Ho!, Rick Hartwell

I find that my dawns steadily
encroach on my nights,
from six to five to four to three.
Soon now I am certain that
I will re-meet two a.m. and
greet it as the start of day, as
once I bid it the end of night.
Is it advancing age, or is there
something of the clubs and
bars I miss and which I am to
recapture – my youth ill spent
in which I must reinvest – time?

Empty driveways,
un-mowed lawns,
abandoned suburbia
or a different cause;
back to the nightclubs,
back to the bars,
stray from the right,
re-embrace the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment