Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Page 24--Burnt Sienna--Avy Kaplan

Electric lights illuminate our lives
And my mind cannot process
2 and 3 and 4 and 5
They’re all one blur
Of bright white motion
Watched until I wane.

Awake at last I try to see
If I can save my face today but
This empty car with cold blue seats
Communicates to me that I cannot.

I read a sign that speaks in faded red paint
So old that each winter more chips leave it
To migrate further south
It reads 95, but I swear I usually arise
Long before this time.

And people in their fervor
Push and shove and I awake
When Jackson comes
But not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment