Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Page 16--Isfa--Dan Cirilo

it is the dawning of my twilight
& I tremble to begin each day;
to make love, to write,
to run the cliffside trails
between Sequoias' shade
& the disappearing shore.
this need, this urgency
I cannot contain...
coiled within muscle & sinew,
a lightening bolt constrictor;
in my breast a nuclear heart
beats rhythm to a living universe,
mimicking the flutter
of a hovering hummingbird.
lava-hot, blood courses up my spine
exploding behind my eyes
in orgasmic bursts of impossible colour.
as consciousness unfolds,
like a thousand-petaled lotus
in a fountain of light,
my soul, my essence, my purest self
floats...serene, silent, lily-like
on a peaceful pond;
a levitating Buddha,
immortal, eternal...
I'm so beautifully alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment