- I’d like to flip through your chapters.
- Are you open to interpretation?
- Will you be My Antonia?
- You know The Great Gatsby? Yeah, well, I’m better.
- I can tell a book’s quality by running my hands down its spine, and you look like a fantastic read.
- The Age of Innocence has officially ended.
- You wouldn’t be reading A Farewell to Arms if you were in mine.
- I wish I could see you without your dust cover.
- I’ll treat you better than a first edition copy of Pride and Prejudice.
- Let me fill your margins with my ink.
- Were you to have A Room of One’s Own, would I be included?
- Like a good book, I can’t wait to curl up with you.*
- Looking at you, I feel like Sydney Carton. You’re a far, far better thing than I’ve ever done.
So, yeah. We really, really, REALLY don’t recommend giving these a shot (note Liz’s bookstore suitor was NOT successful), but if you’re desperate and/or are really turned on by these and start churning out lit pick-ups of your own, let us know about them by commenting at www.thetoucanonline.blogspot.com, or drop us a line at email@example.com. That goes for submissions, too, people!!! We <3 submissions. We need them more urgently than affection!!!
Well, that’s about it before we binge on chocolate roses. Thanks to the Bird’s real Valentine, Dan Cirilo, and his randy raven, EAP.
Love and hugs, Liz and Laura, Toucan Editrices