Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nice To See You--Amanda Deo

Waited for you at
EWR in dirty Terminal C. It's
been seven years now, mate, since
you left me on a curb at the
Holiday Inn. I was nineteen and
had you on the breath and
what more can I say about
first loves? They're a mile
long slur...they have to
start and end somewhere. So
when I saw you today, with her,
(she's so fucking lovely)
it was okay. It was more than
okay. I was happy. Not for you, really,
but for her. I could have never
made you that happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment