Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Voice Overhead--John J. Trause

I was the voice of the Planetarium
at the Newark Museum, telling of the wonders
of the night sky, the solar system, the Milky Way,
the stars, the constellations, the universe.

I was the overhead voice in the Hippodrome Garage
at 1120 Avenue of the Americas in New York City,
telling people what level they were on, where to go,
where the elevator was, where to pay.

I am now the voice on the answering machine
at the Oradell Public Library,
telling when we are open and when we are closed.

I am La donna della voce, unlocking the mysteries
with my voice – no sweat – and I guide you still.

No comments:

Post a Comment