Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Friday, February 11, 2011

Poem of the Week--I'm Wearing A Mirror, Antique-Victor Godot

Wait no longer, friends....ba dum tisch. More practically, the Canadian Issue will be up very, very soon (it may appear on the 16th rather than the 15th due to scheduling issues, but we'll try to get it up on time. And Godot says he will be here tomorrow, so make of that what you will. ). Meanwhile, savor the reflection and the poetry.


I’m wearing a mirror, antique


by Victor Godot


I’m wearing a mirror, antique
amber-browning, suitable,
wrapped ’round me – sometimes
still flashing by counterclockwise.


That’s where we seek guidance
with a twisted coin to decide for us,
like misses Rubenstein, or Dee-Dee
Cambodia, tuning times in their minds.


Now and then I dream I control
your eyes, to warm-up your drops,
dress you up in a sarong


dyed in colours and patterns to match
your lighted face – let’s pretend we’re
on a dance, while we’re just walking away.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the coin images, and the final two lines: excellent!

    ReplyDelete