Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Friday, January 20, 2012

Existential Sign, Cody Deitz

We exist, we promise.

Existential Sign
by Cody Deitz

In the Westfield shopping mall, behind the plastic tree

Is a sign that says, “You Are Here,” but I think I disagree.

Between the fountain and the food court, on a bright plastic board

Printed on thick paper I doubt I could afford
Is a large but lonely bright red arrow.

I search and search the large print board
But can’t find any more.

Either that or I am blind.
I guess it’s an existential sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment