Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Monday, February 20, 2012

Poem About the Orangutan, Adam Lizakowski

I have so many sleepless nights and I am worried about you,
you are very intellectual:
the poet, the painter,
the sculpture and discoverer,
looking for a place to hide from human sight,
only the rivers, the forests, the mountains know
your life. You cannot hide your heart,
wearing an orange robe, Da Vinci

 You are my love from the hidden Islands of Borneo
you cannot image how important you are to me,
from which the sun your eyes got the divine sparkle  
which melt the ice of my heart,
with lips so soft to kiss.

You are the world dreamer but you do not dream
about kings and queens
you dream about an animal kingdom
where you and I could be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment