Pages

Welcome Eager Readers! (And Writers)

Thanks for stopping by. Please read our "About" page for some more information and please look over our submission guidelines that are on the right before submitting.

Enjoy, and Viva La Toucan

Laura, Toucan Editrice

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Subtlety of Patterns, Mike Cluff

I will wear
my grey thin pinstripe suit,
long-sleeved white dress shirt,
blue with white pinpoint dotted tie,
and trademark,

only when dressed up,

brown wingtip shoes,
at my important
interview,

and the job
will be mine
as I knew,
in myself,
that it would
be.

I always trap
me
inside these prisons,
these fabrics
that  fit my physique
too well
too nicely


too limiting


as my mind
soul,
screamingly
sadistically
cruelly
truthfully
says
later
and during.

No comments:

Post a Comment